Friday, October 02, 2015

How reckless of me.....

Ok, so, because our outing has been cancelled due to the haze, i decided to fulfill my promise. I am going to tell you guys about the accident in Chemistry Lab.

So, it happened last Thursday. For Chemistry that day, our teacher asked us to do an experiment on neutralisation - titration method -. I partnered up with my friend. We start gathering the apparatuses and materials and put it on our working table. So, after that, I set up the burette while my friend pipetted the sodium hydroxide solution. So, after setting up the burette, i put the retort stand on a lab chair so that the 0.00 reading is direct with my eye level. After adjusting it a bit, i started to pour hydrochloric acid into the burette. But, I poured it excessively until it is over the 0.00 reading. So, as the teacher asked us to make sure it is accurate, I put the beaker under the tip and start turning the stopcock. But, no liquid came out so, i turn a bit more and the acid started flowing heavily. I panicked. I turned the stopcock to stop the acid from flowing, but i turned the wrong way, It started to flow more heavily. Realising that, i quickly turned the stopcock the other way and my hands ACCIDENTLY pushed the beaker underneath the tip and BAM! The acid has stopped flowing but the beaker fell to the floor and broke. I was like "Teacher!!! I didn't mean to!". And the teacher was like, "Haaa! Told you to be careful. Now pay. That thing is expensive". And I was like, "I didn't mean to. It was accident". Then the teacher asked me what is in the beaker. I told her that it was hydrochloric acid. Then the teacher asked me to ask the lab assistant for a broom and a dustpan. Then, the teacher asked us to move to other table. So, my friend moved the thing while i swept the broken glass.

After that, we continued our experiment. It goes well except for the 2nd reading. My friend poured the acid over the 0.00 reading and i turned the stopcock later than supposed to. So, we messed up our second reading. And it affects our average reading so, our last solution - the one we did without the indicator using the average volume of acid obtained from the three experiments before it - becomes acidic. I still have the pH paper with me.

Anyway, I don't know what's wrong with me that day. I don't know why i'm so reckless. But, what's done is done.

That's all. I'm going for . Bye

2 comments:

  1. You should listen to 'The Reckless and The Brave" by All Time Low. Btw you should check this link
    http://www.rocksound.tv/news/read/rian-from-all-time-low-is-on-the-the-andy-black-album
    Alongside Patrick Stump, Ashton from 5SOS and Gerard Way's appearances, it appears that All Time Low's Rian Dawson has recorded drums for some tracks on Andy Biersack's forthcoming Andy Black solo album.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i became reckless because of the song :P lol

      Delete